Author Topic: ...and all for only $725  (Read 1542 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
...and all for only $725
« on: January 04, 2011, 11:12:32 PM »
0
http://cgi.ebay.com/160515839975

While there are many great model trains in Japan, these are not among them. In addition to the high end Kato and Micro-Ace, the mid range Tomix, the well detailed but unpowered Tomytec models there are ulta low end static models made out of metal. These feature quality somewhere in between the Readers Digest trains and those models by Del Prado put out a few years ago.

These are made in China and sold in Japan by the case in comic book stores. Last I checked, the going price was about $5 each. Since they are made out of metal, good luck trying to power them.

And all for only $725.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

FloridaBoy

  • Guest
Re: ...and all for only $725
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 02:23:11 AM »
0
Very cleverly worded, but I would never have considered it.  I recognized several of those locos from my own JNR Kato steam collection, and a friend's Tomix, Kato and other Japanese passenger train collection (all which worked).

Frankly, I don't see too many bids on this, and probably the winner is expecting more than he will get.  Sometimes you can see a fight before it starts........ :P

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman