Author Topic: mP54 from Con-Cor  (Read 2776 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

eric220

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3738
  • Gender: Male
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +648
    • The Modern PRR
mP54 from Con-Cor
« on: January 05, 2011, 12:27:26 PM »
0
I don't know if anyone else has been following Con-Cor's development of the P54 commuter coaches, followed by the mP54 MU "rattlers" in HO, but I sure have!  Those mP54's are models that I badly want in N scale.  I grew up along the NEC, and I really want to include commuter operations on my layout.  I've already told Con-Cor about my interest in an N scale version of both models, and I got the "we'll see how the HO's do" response.  If anyone else is interested in these models, I would strongly encourage you to head over to Con-Cor and let them know!  Thanks!

-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

sizemore

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2780
  • Respect: +146
Re: mP54 from Con-Cor
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 12:44:31 PM »
0
Con-Cor has ALWAYS been saying that about their proto-stuff. I would not be surprised if you see this in N.

The S.

Thompson Sub: Instagram | Youtube | Website

Blazeman

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1306
  • Respect: +65
Re: mP54 from Con-Cor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 12:55:48 PM »
0
If they do sound, think they have recordings of the whine those things made when they were being wound up?

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9966
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2885
Re: mP54 from Con-Cor
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »
0
I put in a request for LIRR units .


Richie Dost

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8947
  • Respect: +1383
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: mP54 from Con-Cor
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 03:13:17 PM »
0
mP54's would be nice to see, but mostly for the fact the the Electroliner would surely be made first.  ;)


Jason

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12278
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11763
Re: mP54 from Con-Cor
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 07:37:05 PM »
0
My father actually helped them out with that project, providing drawings and photographs from some of my old copies of the Keystone and Pennsy Journal.  He's always talking about modeling the PRR Octoraro branch with a Bowser G5 and some P54s in HO.  I asked him to ask them about doing an N scale version but they never really answered one way or the other.

If they came out in N I'd waste no time snatching up both red and PC green versions.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:44:16 PM by Dave Vollmer »

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: mP54 from Con-Cor
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »
0
When I first read about these I e-mailed them and asked for an N version.  Never heard back from them.

Nato

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2302
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
Re: mP54 from Con-Cor
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 01:53:20 AM »
0
         I would cetrainly buy four or five if they ever do get made. I saw them on several trips back East to visit my dad parents in New York. However we will first get from Con Cor in N the New Haven Comet Streamliner,it was only a three car train (why sell add on coaches?),pretty Cool, and no Electroliner "Wa-a-a-a !" Con Cor still insists (foolishly) that the market for this is not there in N yet all their other passenger trains are in both scales,HO HO HO and Nine M.M. (N). Nate Goodman (Nato).