Author Topic: NJ International: New Griswold Crossing Signal  (Read 2413 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dave Schneider

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2377
  • Respect: +51
NJ International: New Griswold Crossing Signal
« on: January 06, 2011, 12:29:30 PM »
0
I notice over on the A-board that NJ International has announced a new Griswold crossing signal in HO and N. These unique crossing signals feature a stop sign that rotates 90 degrees when a train approaches and the lights flash. http://www.njinternational.com/new_items.htm

These were manufactured in Minneapolis and were found a number of midwestern lines including the Milwaukee Road and the C&NW. Apparently there are still a couple left in existence. This is great news for me personally as my first Beer Line module is of an area where there were 4 of these protecting the crossing that serves as one of the visual focal points (the intersection near D and E). This will really add to the scene and I am sure that other folks that model the midwest will be happy as well.



Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: NJ International: New Griswold Crossing Signal
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »
0
Dave -

I don't see them in the photo.  ;D
By the way, how is the reefer or RBL etching coming along?
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA


Dave Schneider

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2377
  • Respect: +51
Re: NJ International: New Griswold Crossing Signal
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:10:23 PM »
0
Dave -

I don't see them in the photo.  ;D
By the way, how is the reefer or RBL etching coming along?

My bad.  ;) You can see them called out on the track map (right click to view image at full res).
According to Wikipedia there is reportedly one remaining Griswold in operation in Tacoma. Have you seen it?



As for the RB project, I haven't integrated the etchings onto the sides yet. I had planned on laminating it on, but it looks bad. So I will cut out the plastic sides, laminate the etchings onto styrene, and then glue that in. I got distracted building the frame for this module, work travel, and the holidays but maybe this weekend I can make some progress.

Best wishes, Dave

If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: NJ International: New Griswold Crossing Signal
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:14:31 PM »
0
I haven't, but I'd bet that if I looked or asked around, I could find it.  I'd have to wager it would be on the former MILW, wouldn't you?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:45:28 PM by wazzou »
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA


Dave Schneider

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2377
  • Respect: +51
Re: NJ International: New Griswold Crossing Signal
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 02:29:02 PM »
0
I haven't, but I'd be that if I looked or asked around, I could find it.  I'd have to wager it would be on the former MILW, wouldn't you?

That would be my guess, and most likely on some industrial or low volume line.

Best wishes, Dave

Edit: Here it is.
 

Unfortunately it has lost its stop sign.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:39:26 PM by Dave Schneider »
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.