Author Topic: MT Pullman car names now posted  (Read 3640 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jmlaboda - RIP

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2181
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
MT Pullman car names now posted
« on: August 23, 2010, 12:37:23 PM »
0
I have been working on a comprehensive list of car names for both Micro-Trains sleeper cars this past week and now I have two pages up, one for the Plan 3410/3410A 12 Section - 1 Drawing Room sleeper car names and a second for the Plan 3585 10 Section - 1 Drawing Room - 2 Compartment car names posted. The links below will take you to the two pages. Note: The Parlor car page is still being worked on and likely won't be done for a few days.

As noted on the pages, cars rebuilt to other plans or subclasses before AC was installed are not included, but cars that lasted through the ownership of Pullman to divestiture without AC as Plan 3410/3410A and 3585 are listed, as well as types of AC and what roads acquired them. I hope that folks will find these two pages of use... I will have the Parlor car page up before the end of the week.

http://passcarphotos.info/Varnish/Pullman_3410.htm
http://passcarphotos.info/Varnish/Pullman_3585.htm

mcjaco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1754
  • Respect: +147
Re: MT Pullman car names now posted
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »
0
Thanks.  Awesome work on these lists.
~ Matt

Modutrak.com

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11876
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: MT Pullman car names now posted
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 12:59:45 PM »
0
Jerry,

Cuttyhunk seems to be missing for the ones that went to N&W - I'm guessing it was a plan 2410 12-1?

Mark


Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: MT Pullman car names now posted
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 01:26:45 PM »
0
Awesome Jerry - One question - I thought "Lake Dorr" qualified - it was assigned to the UP for many years and is in the Pullman index..

24   10      Lake Dorr     New   3585A   S

Is the 3585A that different ?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3529
  • Respect: +391
Re: MT Pullman car names now posted
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »
0
Thanks!  Great info!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

jmlaboda - RIP

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2181
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: MT Pullman car names now posted
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 01:02:22 AM »
0
The Cuttyhunk was a 2410H, not a 3410.  As for the 3585As I am unsure of just what the differences are.  If I can find some shots of a few (or maybe some plans... may have these somewhere) I will be glad to add them if they are close to what the 3585 was.

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: MT Pullman car names now posted
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:00:15 AM »
0
The Cuttyhunk was a 2410H, not a 3410.  As for the 3585As I am unsure of just what the differences are.  If I can find some shots of a few (or maybe some plans... may have these somewhere) I will be glad to add them if they are close to what the 3585 was.

Thanks Jerry - now I feel better 'cause if you're not sure then I sure as heck wouldn't have a clue ! ;D
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

jmlaboda - RIP

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2181
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: MT Pullman car names now posted
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 01:22:52 AM »
0
"Is the 3585A that different ?"

Well, now I know.

As built the Plan 3585 sleepers had 3 steps in the vestibules, with a select few being rebuilt with four steps.  The MT model represents these rebuilds as well as Plan 3585A sleepers, which were built with the four steps.  I have now revised the Plan 3585 page to include both the rebuilt 3585s as well as the 3585As.  Tom Madden, a.k.a., "Pullman Boss" helped me with this.

I now also have the Plan 3416 Parlor car names up, for anyone interested.  Here is the link to that page... the other two are linked to from it...
http://passcarphotos.info/Varnish/Pullman_3416.htm

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: MT Pullman car names now posted
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »
0
Thanks Jerry - seems the Canadian National got one of "dem dar" 10-1-2's... the "Lake Nipigon".... I smell a CN conversion coming.................. :o
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6188
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: MT Pullman car names now posted
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 03:58:15 PM »
0
FYI, the MTL model has PM a/c and appears to be modeled after the NYC version.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale