Author Topic: Minimum Curve Radius for a Kato GS-4  (Read 2624 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NE4449

  • Guest
Minimum Curve Radius for a Kato GS-4
« on: August 05, 2010, 09:54:57 PM »
0
The other day I was looking over some of the curve radii on the layout that my Dad and I are working on. We are using Kato Unitrack, and one of our yard tracks uses two 9-3/4" pieces to form a 90 degree curve. Meanwhile, I have a Kato GS-4 that I have only run on the mainline, but not in the yard yet. The Kato website states that the GS-4 has a minimum radius of 11", but I have a feeling that that number is the recommended minimum radius. So can the GS-4 operate on 9-3/4" curves safely, or is 11" the absolute minimum? Thanks.

Josh

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: Minimum Curve Radius for a Kato GS-4
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 04:45:38 PM »
0
I'm pretty sure that my unitrack loop is 9-3/4" radius, and since I was testing that loco, I would say 'yes'.

NE4449

  • Guest
Re: Minimum Curve Radius for a Kato GS-4
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 04:09:24 PM »
0
Thanks Tom.