Author Topic: Tips for using CMR decals?  (Read 1564 times)

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
Re: Tips for using CMR decals?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2021, 05:18:54 PM »
Oh bugger. Just as I was about to tackle a project involving their decals this weekend too. Yikes!
Buffering...

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4684
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2021, 11:07:00 PM »
I ran into some interesting info in another (Alps-printer group) I frequent:

Hi everyone. Just a quick update on a major development at TPD.
I have decided after 25 years to retire. I started Tango Papa Decals when I needed a source of decal paper for my models, and thru the years I have gotten to know many of the group members and supplied you with what I hope many consider an excellent decal paper.
I was asked by a customer to sell them the business and, as of today, that is what has happened. Aric Hartle of CMR Products will be making and selling my decal paper.
Emailing him at tangopapadecals@gmail.com is the best way to contact him while he works on updating the website, and getting the phone transferred.
I have enjoyed working with you all the last 25 years and wanted to make sure my loyal customers were not left hanging. Have patience with him for the next few months. I’m sure he will get the hang of it quickly.
Thanks again for all the business and kind words thru the years. I will be hanging around, and happily building my stock of rocket kits. Now that I’ll have the time, I plan to be flying them in the coming years.

Take care.

Tom Prestia

I suppose that maybe CMR will now start using Tango Papa decal film for their decals?  That stuff is quite thin (I have used it in the past, but still prefer Bare Metal Foil decal paper).  If course I'm assuming that this CMR is the same CMR being discussed here.
. . . 42 . . .

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2021, 11:51:06 PM »
Yup. Sure is.
Buffering...