Author Topic: Lombard Hobbies, Lombard, IL  (Read 7036 times)

w neal

• Crew
Re: Lombard Hobbies, Lombard, IL
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2021, 08:18:19 AM »

N scale wall:

"I have walked these hallowed halls (aisles)"
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 08:21:47 AM by w neal »
Buffering...

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2021, 09:16:13 AM »
DROOL!  I'm scheduled for a delivery from UPS for a package from Lombard today!  Hope that holds true and gives me a project for this weekend.  I have a divorce trial next week to litigate, and I sure could use a distraction this weekend, even if just for an afternoon.

On a related note, I love the UPS email on the scheduled day of delivery that includes a map to see where the UPS truck is.  On the last few deliveries from UPS, I've been able to watch the driver go past our neighborhood and not make the delivery that day.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

Point353

• Crew
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2021, 01:44:40 PM »
On a related note, I love the UPS email on the scheduled day of delivery that includes a map to see where the UPS truck is.  On the last few deliveries from UPS, I've been able to watch the driver go past our neighborhood and not make the delivery that day.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:

DFF
When I get notified that a package is en route via UPS, I call their toll-free number and use the automated system to have the package held for pick up at the local customer center a few miles away. This way I can pick it up as early as 9AM on the day of delivery and it avoids having the package ride around in the truck all day long only to have it thrown onto my porch in the late afternoon - plus it can't be intercepted by porch pirates.

Rossford Yard

• Crew
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2021, 05:17:13 PM »
Not quite on topic, but based on a thread here, claiming Atlas C55 was only available now at Trainworld, I did a hording order for a possible, but by no means fully negotiated layout expansion with the wife.  She is sometimes supportive, sometimes not, and happened to just question the whole idea the day my order was supposed to arrive.

I did what all model railroaders have done from time to time, watch the door and make sure I hustled it up to the train room without her knowing......

Back on topic, I love to shop local shops when I travel, but you always run the risk of them pulling a loco or whatever out of the X-ray, hold it up, and shout to the other inspectors, "No worries, it's just a model train.....laugh, laugh, laugh.  I have shopped at Lombard but will opt for the mail option next time.....

PacRail

• Crew
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2021, 11:41:33 PM »
I stopped there twice this past June 2021. I made purchases on both visits. The review is still accurate. Nice selection and prices. Store employees were great. I also have made mail order purchases from them and never had a problem.

squirrelhunter

• Crew
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2021, 01:18:39 PM »
They turned an order I made on a Wednesday to get an extra throttle for a train show fast enough for the package to get here in time for me to plug the throttle in Saturday morning before the show opened to the public. They have great customer service.

TW877

• Crew
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2023, 09:40:41 AM »
Anyone have experience with them as to replying to emails?
Mailed them early Febuary with an issue; absolutely no reaction. Tried again, this time through their contact form on the website early last week, again no reaction.

Issue is an undelivered order, that according to tracking, never made it out of the Chicago area. Considering transit times and customs handling for overseas shipment, it by now is long overdue. Shipped December 28th, last tracking update January 3rd.

Chris

Scottl

• Crew
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2023, 09:46:16 AM »
@TW877 I had a similar issue with a Scale Trains shipment that sat in Illinois mail facility for three weeks starting Jan 14.  I contacted Scale Trains and they immediately did a trace on the package.  Within 48 hours, it was moving again and arrived in Canada customs and has since arrived.  Sounds very similar to your case, albeit from a different origin.

crrcoal

• Crew
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2023, 06:25:12 PM »
Lombard rocks! I have placed a couple orders with them recently and each time I have had delivery to NJ in 2 days. That is awesome!

Tjack757

• Crew
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2023, 03:12:16 PM »
I have never been there, but I just picked up this Micro Trains Special run with their name on one of the cars.
“Wonder is the seed of knowledge” – Sir Francis Bacon

dem34

• Crew
  • Only here to learn through Osmosis
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2023, 11:27:39 AM »
Can corroborate their quality, they are my go to for online orders. Stuff gets to me faster from them in Chicago than closer stores 30mi away in NYC. Prices aren't bad either, gummies are a good bribe.
-Al