Author Topic: Scenicruiser in Shapeways FXD - I'm stunned at how good it looks  (Read 5943 times)

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4320
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Scenicruiser in Shapeways FXD - I'm stunned at how good it looks
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2015, 12:36:25 PM »
I just tried it as a guest, and it worked for me.  I aborted at the Payment Information page.  I'm using Firefox.  You might have to restart your browser or clear your cookies for Shapeways.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

arbomambo

• Crew
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »
I've viewed this thread a number of times...love the bus, but, for some reason, thought it was dated too late for my 1957 era...just did basic research to discover i'm completely wrong...it's perfect in the original scheme for me...
I'm in for a couple if and when they're available AND decals as well1
Bruce
"STILL Thrilled to be in N scale!"

Bruce M. Arbo
CATT- Coastal Alabama T-TRAK
https://nationalt-traklayout.com/

bbussey

• Crew
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 03:46:56 PM »
The buses are available now.  Both are appropriate for 1957.  Decals, I don't know at this time.  The dog is the issue, with its white background.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

PROPULDUDE

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 01:22:07 PM »
Hi Bryan,
  I ordered both buses and as a former Stereolithographer as well as a lot of RP, I'm impressed to say the least! Great detailing, really crisp. Mine were printed in the Horizontal orientation, leaving the sides really nice. The main areas to smooth are just the roof and the front and rear..Kudos for an awesome effort. Please do come up with the early era Decals.

Thanks, Dave

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4688
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2015, 05:37:56 AM »
Mine just arrived couple of days ago.

The wheels look great!  They were printed in the optimal orientation (outside face of the wheel pointing up).  The interior looks great (the print orientation is not too important on that one.   But the bus body is disappointing.  I don't know about Bryan's but mine was printed upside down. There are lots of fuzzy artifacts from the wax support on the front and especially the curved back near the roof.  There is also a shadow on the sides above front bumper (as the wax was built up contacting the side to support the bumper).  The entire roof is also not that great (as it was printed over a bed of wax).  If it was printed from the bottom up none of these problems would exist.

I contacted Shapeways stating my case and they asked me for photos. I'm not sure how well the sub-par areas will show up in photos. I'm not holding my breath that Shapeways will re-print the body for me using better orientation

When I eventually start working on this model I'll make a set of decals for it.
. . . 42 . . .

bbussey

• Crew
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2015, 09:21:01 AM »
That's why I wish they would implement orientation choice and charge for it if necessary.  Another thing I've noticed is that their build table footprint may be very small.  A lot of my pieces, including the buses were built vertically.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4688
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »
That's why I wish they would implement orientation choice and charge for it if necessary.  Another thing I've noticed is that their build table footprint may be very small.  A lot of my pieces, including the buses were built vertically.

I suspect that they did that to cram as many items as they could into a single run.  They probably had lots of orders to fulfill that day.
. . . 42 . . .