Author Topic: New Atlas C-420s , LIRR in 2 schemes  (Read 2276 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2125
New Atlas C-420s , LIRR in 2 schemes
« on: May 06, 2015, 12:56:23 AM »
Wow Atlas , you knocked it out of the park " Morris Park engine shops " this time . Thanks .

http://www.atlasrr.com/NLoco/nc420e.htm#.VUmeo45VhBc
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:37:40 PM by up1950s »

Richie Dost

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
Re: New Atlas C-420s , LIRR in 2 schemes with HI-AD trucks
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 01:09:48 AM »
Could be the final pieces needed to finally seriously consider a C-415.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

Atlas Paul

• Crew
  • Respect: +361
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 08:54:54 AM »
Wow Atlas , you knocked it out of the park " Morris Park engine shops " this time . Thanks .

http://www.atlasrr.com/NLoco/nc420e.htm#.VUmeo45VhBc

The N scale C420 will NOT have Hi-ad trucks.  The web guy must have copied the grid from the HO version. 

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 11:14:37 AM »
The N scale C420 will NOT have Hi-ad trucks.  The web guy must have copied the grid from the HO version.

Boo!   :|
Bryan

Member of MRHA

Jesse6669

• Crew
  • Respect: +1211
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 12:37:38 PM »
I have a problem with companies that use their HO model ads as their N-scale advertisements...  misleading a bit, no?

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 12:40:34 PM »
I have a problem with companies that use their HO model ads as their N-scale advertisements...  misleading a bit, no?

I'm sure it was an honest mistake with no intent to mislead. 
Bryan

Member of MRHA

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +435
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 02:04:30 PM »

You can't call something an honest mistake when it's been done over and over and over.  There's been a conscious decision that this is 'ok.' 

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 02:13:47 PM »

I take Paul at his word, a mistake was made by someone and it's been identified....

Quote from: wazzou on Today at 12:40:34 PM

You can't call something an honest mistake when it's been done over and over and over.  There's been a conscious decision that this is 'ok.'

So; you are saying that Paul is lying?.... Come on; that's not fair at all. You can dislike the fact that some company's use an HO picture or image to represent an N scale project that is coming and a sample isn't available, that's another matter, but this was a mistake on a line drawing and it was explained.... people make mistakes....

I'm sorry but this place is getting down right mean.............. :x

Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 02:35:28 PM »
You can dislike the fact that some company's use an HO picture or image to represent an N scale project that is coming and a sample isn't available, that's another matter, but this was a mistake on a line drawing and it was explained.... people make mistakes....

I'm sorry but this place is getting down right mean.............. :x

Strawman much?

I took the comment exactly like that...taking issue with the HO photos and descriptions.  It is possible to both believe Paul and take issue.

Paul can say it was an honest mistake and I certainly believe it.  But how many times has it happened over the years?   More than a few. (and I'm not singling out Atlas here either, but they've had their share)    "My bad" and "whoopsie" and "shucks" gets old after awhile.  I get it, it's fun to give an idea about what the model will look like, but something as simple as having a watermark designating scale would keep things from getting confusing.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2125
Re: New Atlas C-420s , LIRR in 2 schemes
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 02:48:50 PM »
Thanks Paul , now my grin mussels can relax somewhat , and therefore using less energy and as such I will be getting fatter faster . If in the future you care to make replacement trucks of the HiAd design I would like to retrofit the complete roster of Atlas LIRR C420's I have .

Richie Dost

Jesse6669

• Crew
  • Respect: +1211
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 04:24:47 PM »

I guess I should've chosen my words a bit better.. my 'problem' is more like it's a pet peeve.. that manufacturers (in general) will show an HO model representing an N-scale one that isn't available yet.  It seems more and more they are using the basic color-scheme artwork which is ok I think.  And the trucks are rather similar looking.

Now I'm off to design Alco Hi-Ad Truck Sideframes on Shapeways.. In FXD... for the burgeoning market that exists.

Jesse
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:26:30 PM by Jesse6669 »

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 05:38:51 PM »
Now I'm off to design Alco Hi-Ad Truck Sideframes on Shapeways.. In FXD... for the burgeoning market that exists.

And it does exist... just not all that big.  I know of one kitbashed C430 model that has them and the modeler had to kitbash them from GE FB2 truck sideframes with very good results... if properly done this could be niche model detail that would be of great value!!!

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1818
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 09:39:45 PM »
I have nothing but praise for the models that Atlas showers us with year after year.  But it's true that their N scale product pages sometimes show HO models without attribution, e.g. the latest coil car page.  I give them a bit of a pass on this because the N scale model itself is outstanding, but it's still a bit misleading (and probably unintentional).

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 09:47:46 PM »
For what its worth the drawings have been corrected, within a few hours...

Thanks Paul & Co... Much integrity!
The Railwire is not your personal army.  :trollface:

wes_sutton

• Crew
  • Respect: +450
    • http://www.users.bigpond.com/grms
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 11:30:35 PM »
It keeps me awake a night worrying about these things.

I mean, hands up all those that have been duped into buying an N gauge product because they only saw the HO pic.

Hands up all those that have been around in the modelling game long enough to be well aware that this happens with reasonable
frequency and from various 'manufacturers'. Bachmann consistently do it with their Farish range in the UK without caveat.

Seriously is this the best we can come up with?