0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Ed, I think you could take a razor saw and miter box to that Walthers one, and convert it from double-track to single. I did that to the Alkem N Scale concrete coal dock years ago to make it single-track. As I recall, I cut a section out of the middle of each end wall. Then I glued the two pieces together. That keeps the pitch angle of the roof the same. I trimmed the roof panels shorter so they didn't overhang too much. I also had to cut and file the archways so a train could still fit through it, because once you cut out the center section of each end, the arched openings are not as high at their centers.I can take some pictures of it if that helps (or you can look at your November, 2007 Railroad Model Craftsman magazine)
I do have that handy-dandy table saw. Hmm. I think you're onto something.
ok ed; do you have any plans for the York coaling tower? I may bite to print one but need plans and dimensions
If you can find one this could be a starting point https://www.walthers.com/city-house-with-balcony-terrace-4f27e1