Author Topic: T-Trak In Sacramento  (Read 185 times)

POVC and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

freescopesdad

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 78
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +10
T-Trak In Sacramento
« on: October 02, 2026, 08:42:13 PM »
0
I'm curious if there are others like myself in Sacramento interested in T-Trak. I've found virtually nothing so far, one club that professes some interest but charges a fortune to join. There is a bay area FB group but only one member appears to actually reside in California. I'm hoping to start something up in advance of the NSE convention in Sacramento next June.

Ron

Nick Lorusso

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 292
  • Gender: Male
  • Lets see what I'm modeling this week
  • Respect: +154
Re: T-Trak In Sacramento
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:54:52 AM »
0
I know Sacramento is Free-moN country. On FB there are T-Trak groups I'd reach out there. I know even in the bay area not much T-Trak out here if any at all.
Regards,
Nick Lorusso
https://sbhrs.wildapricot.org/

freescopesdad

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 78
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +10
Re: T-Trak In Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:31:49 PM »
0
That is exactly what I have found out Nick, kind of a vast wasteland out here for T-Trak. Yes the Free-moN group is really strong and well organized and puts on a terrific layout at the local train shows, still there ought to be room for a dozen or so T-Trak advocates to develop a layout of our own. Maybe by next summer. I'll try a flyer at the local train store if they will allow it.

ednadolski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5077
  • Respect: +2094
Re: T-Trak In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:23:22 PM »
0
Asking about the thought process if I may -- if there is a solid Free-MoN presence, then what is the appeal of T-Track?   Is it because the modules are easier to build (unitrack, no legs, ....?)   I suppose a Free-MoN module could be built with Unitrack, if someone really wanted to [1];  tho I am not sure if that saves all that much time/effort.

Ed

[1] yes i know the standard calls for Code 55 flextrack or handlaid track; otoh i don't see a technical reason why UT would not work, if it were cut square/flush to the endplates.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:24:55 PM by ednadolski »