0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
The problem was that the DC(C) board slipped out of its holders. Once I slipped (forced) it back into place the loco runs. Thank you for your suggestions for this fairly heavily run loco. However, one of the tiny wires connecting to the wheels has also broken. Any ideas on how to fix that? (I do have a soldering iron, but a wire this diameter?).carmelmodelrr
Should be easy as pie to re-attach.Should be easy to do
The problem was that the DC(C) board slipped out of its holders. Once I slipped (forced) it back into place the loco runs.This same thing happened to me on a new Atlas NW GP38. Was running fine then stopped cold. My question is why did this happen? It seemed to fit tight when put back into place.Ralph
Assuming that the person doing the soldering is skilled in soldering. Also assuming that there is a soldering iron available with a fine tip. Also, if the broken end is not at the truck but at the crimped pin which is press-fit into the chassis. that would make it a bit harder.