Author Topic: Weekend Update 9/27/26  (Read 1813 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2652
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1014
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2026, 12:23:37 AM »
+17
Early to the show for once.

Got the decals for the X42, and got it done. Pretty damn happy with it
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2026, 01:01:29 AM »
+11
Last weekend was a car weekend; back to trains this week.  Got the cylinder block and 1st driver set removed from my Consolidation:




I used the wheel puller to re-gauge the driver set (last one to be done):




All four driver sets now in gauge:




New cylinder block being prepped for paint, with styrene to keep paint out of the holes:




At the Victoria Train Show two weeks ago I received the kit for the tender:




I transferred the Bachmann axles and pick-ups into the new tender trucks:




Trucks, drawbar and rear coupler installed in the new tender chassis:




New tender chassis rolling on its trucks:




After getting the cylinder block painted I will be able to reassemble and test the engine with all wheels now in gauge.  I also re-gauged the tender wheels prior to installation.


Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12265
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11721
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2026, 09:51:05 AM »
+7
No modeling for me, but I did come home form 2 weeks in Europe to some awesomeness in the hold mail:



When I sold my Broadway Limited set, I never really considered that"d I'd want it back one day, LOL. Now on the lookout for a pair of BLI PRR E8s.

chuck geiger

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3573
  • Gender: Male
  • Train Talk Media
  • Respect: +3968
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2026, 02:41:00 PM »
+7
Sunday afternoon after 3p Eastern we have David Popp on Train Talk Media. it's a good one.

chessie system fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1514
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1374
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2026, 04:05:22 PM »
+10
Here's the current status of the Central of Georgia railroad I'm building. Track laying is next.

Aaron Bearden

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12345
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8586
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2026, 09:24:23 PM »
+12
I’m a sucker for a covered wagon, and this HO scale Athearn F3 was on sale.  I have friends here at TRW that are fans of the WM, so here we are!



DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

Roger Holmes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1270
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +739
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2026, 09:56:13 PM »
+28
Work continues on the N scale Milwaukee Road Everett Street Station.  The left half of the main building is done except for completing the window glazing.  I am waiting for my order at the LHS to finish that step.



End view showing the part of the building that Walthers left off of its HO kit.



Finally, a view with the clock tower propped in place but not glued.



So far I have painted 119 molded in windows.  The right half is next with 102 more.

Best regards,

Roger

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.

eja

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1527
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +279
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2026, 12:44:50 AM »
+1
I’m a sucker for a covered wagon, and this HO scale Athearn F3 was on sale.  I have friends here at TRW that are fans of the WM, so here we are!



DFF
.

It is far too clean !  Otherwise, very nice purchase !

skytop35

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 810
  • Respect: +914
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2026, 08:47:47 AM »
+20
Got the decals applied on my X-42 kitbash but haven't gotten to the weathering yet.


Bill Denton

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11601
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2026, 10:45:25 AM »
+2
Sunday afternoon after 3p Eastern we have David Popp on Train Talk Media. it's a good one.

Oh *****! Good get!

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12265
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11721
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2026, 10:46:37 AM »
+2
Sheesh, all the Pennsy guys with their X48s... Should I be feeling FOMO?  :D

Seriously, though, both of those X48s look outstanding.

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19615
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2026, 12:02:27 PM »
+19
Working on the farm.

altohorn25

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 958
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4524
    • Mini Mod u Trak
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2026, 01:55:44 PM »
+10
Put my new BLI northerns through their paces on the layout.

Nate Pierce
Modutrak - Wisconsin Division
www.modutrak.com

Jesse6669

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1082
  • Respect: +2759
Re: Weekend Update 9/27/26
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2026, 02:54:12 PM »
+14
Working on Highland Road and added Motor Boat Garage to East Norwood..