Author Topic: N Scale Enthusiast LIRR cars?  (Read 2445 times)

Joetrain59

• Crew
  • Respect: +75
N Scale Enthusiast LIRR cars?
« on: August 21, 2014, 01:41:32 AM »
Not sure if these are correct for LIRR, as I have no time to hit the books right now.
http://www.buynscale.com/nsc-new.htm#lirr
 Are these old Model Power cars, Rivarossi or? Though Micro-Trains logo appears, but for trucks/couplers only, or their cars?
 $90 is a bit steep too :(
 Joe D

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: N Scale Enthusiast LIRR cars?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 02:03:01 AM »
Not sure if these are correct for LIRR, as I have no time to hit the books right now.
http://www.buynscale.com/nsc-new.htm#lirr
 Are these old Model Power cars, Rivarossi or? Though Micro-Trains logo appears, but for trucks/couplers only, or their cars?
 $90 is a bit steep too :(
 Joe D

They appear to be freshly issued genuine MT cars with MT decoration.  Neither Model Power or Rivarossi are producing models so I doubt that NSE would be using any of them for new paint schemes.
. . . 42 . . .

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 02:05:29 AM »
They are MTL heavyweights.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 02:32:31 AM »
Got my set a few days ago , Grey appears dark but these may be correct . I like them and want as many proto towns as MTL can spell .

Richie Dost

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 10:23:19 AM »
While I am sure that the paint scheme is accurate I can't find a good shot of them that shows that the name and number are correct.  The Long Island was the ward of the Pennsylvania and they received a large group of Plan 3416 parlor cars from the PRR (and one Lackawanna parlor). Jack Deasy has a great page about these parlor cars, with quite a few photographs of various cars...

http://www.dominionrailvoyages.com/jhd/lirr/page3.html

Additional shots can be found at the Passenger Car Photo Index, series numbers 2011 to 2032...

http://passcarphotos.info/Indices/LIRR1.htm

While not a part of the offering the Long Island also had a number of former Pullman sleepers that were also acquired and used as parlors as well... shots of some of these cars can be seen on the Long Island page as well.  The MT Plan 3410 12 Section - 1 Drawing Room sleepers could also be offered (wonder if they will) since there were a few passed on to the Long Island.

Its worth noting, given that Atlas has offered their ALCO C420s in the gray and orange scheme that these cars are all appropriate for cars that were pulled by these units.

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »
I have the LIRR Vol 4 Color Guide (Morning Sun) at the office so I will look in the morning. Good chance we will bring out Osgood Bradley's in LIRR in a second N scale release; they were really popular in HO in both the blue and grey and the orange "Dashing Dan".......
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Joetrain59

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 08:56:19 PM »
Oh yeah, forgot I have the O-B cars on order too.
 Would like to get a set of the N scale Enthusiast cars, but wallet just can't take the hit right now.  :(
 Joe D

up1950s

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 12:51:03 AM »
Oh yeah, forgot I have the O-B cars on order too.
 Would like to get a set of the N scale Enthusiast cars, but wallet just can't take the hit right now.  :(
 Joe D

OB cars may take awhile , or even longer says a birdie of trust and great knowledge .

Richie Dost

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 11:38:30 AM »
Slight delay is the latest on the Bradley cars.  First quarter 2015 is the current projection if I remember correctly, which is only one quarter longer than originally planned.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Joetrain59

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 12:58:06 AM »
Reason for no train $ right now is moving to GF's ap't., as she's been staying with me since the beginning of year. Her 27 y/o daughter finally got her own place. So Diana and I are doing painting, some landscaping, etc. BUT, I get the the other bedroom for myself:) You know what that means fella's. ;)
 Joe D

up1950s

• Crew
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 01:05:03 AM »
Reason for no train $ right now is moving to GF's ap't., as she's been staying with me since the beginning of year. Her 27 y/o daughter finally got her own place. So Diana and I are doing painting, some landscaping, etc. BUT, I get the the other bedroom for myself:) You know what that means fella's. ;)
 Joe D

She wants to be alone and needs a handyman . Just like me , in the den .

Richie Dost

ArtinCA

• Crew
  • Get over it, they're not going to make that!
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »
She wants to be alone and needs a handyman . Just like me , in the den .

Been that way around here for 23 years...
Art in Iowa
Modeling in N scale
Go full foobie or go home!!
http://adventuresinmodeling.blogspot.com/

Joetrain59

• Crew
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 10:50:36 AM »
I was thinking more like expansion of layout. Maybe in Sep't. I can order a set of these cars. If it's LIRR, and correct, I want it.
 Joe D