Author Topic: Northwest Industrial Park Engineering Report  (Read 30792 times)

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: Northwest Industrial Park Engineering Report
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2016, 09:29:36 AM »
+1
Marshall,

Looking good!   Congrats on baby number 2...prayers that this one goes a little more smoothly than last time.   :facepalm:
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

SSW7771

• Crew
  • Respect: +97
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2016, 09:23:14 AM »
Marshall,

Looking good!   Congrats on baby number 2...prayers that this one goes a little more smoothly than last time.   :facepalm:

Thanks Doug! We are praying too.
Marshall

SSW7771

• Crew
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2016, 09:38:40 AM »
I built new these shelves last weekend and finished painting it other day before heading out of town. When we get back I have to rearrange some of the existing furniture to get this in final position and the layout moved.

Yesterday I received a belated father's day present from my Dad, but I have to dig out of his garage. My Wife already said no to mounting this in our bedroom.

Marshall

jmarley76

• Crew
  • Respect: +132
    • WNCRails
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2016, 05:49:57 PM »
+1
That sign is sweet!   8)

coldriver

• Crew
  • Respect: +584
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2016, 07:31:27 PM »
+2

Yesterday I received a belated father's day present from my Dad, but I have to dig out of his garage. My Wife already said no to mounting this in our bedroom.

Michelle is holding out for an SP sign for the bedroom?

SSW7771

• Crew
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2016, 10:15:31 PM »
Michelle is holding out for an SP sign for the bedroom?

I wish! LOL I have been working on her for years now to let me hang a few of my original SP paintings I have in storage.
Marshall

SSW7771

• Crew
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2016, 10:47:09 PM »
Today I rearranged some furniture and moved the layout to it's new location. I need to figure out how I will light the layout. I was thinking of trying out some strip LEDs this time. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I also have been tossing around the idea of slightly expanding the layout the full 8' length of the shelf. The extension would be a scenic switching lead that would also act as an adapter to FreemoN standards so I could join up with @soo and his FreemoN modules under construction. On the other hand I was thinking on focusing my limited train time on the future Lufkin Sub layout and get something started.
Marshall

SSW7771

• Crew
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2016, 10:51:23 PM »
That sign is sweet!   8)

Yeah! The problem is that this thing is 4' x 8' and have to find a place to hang it. I have another smaller 2.5' x 8' sign hanging in the garage so wall space is already limited.
Marshall

SSW7771

• Crew
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2017, 10:38:14 PM »
I made a little more progress on the layout this weekend. I finally finished ballasting however I already see 1-2 spots that need to be touched up. I also did some modifications so a can run wiring out the side of the layout now that it sits on a shelf. I ran did a test run to make sure everything was working. For Christmas my wife got me an assortment of scenery materials, mostly static grass, so the next focus will be getting more scenery work completed.

Marshall

Ken Ford

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2017, 08:53:27 AM »
I just found this - very nice, and similar to what I'm thinking about for my side project in modern N.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

SSW7771

• Crew
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2017, 08:15:05 PM »
I just found this - very nice, and similar to what I'm thinking about for my side project in modern N.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

Thanks! But as you can see progress is going slow.  :D
Marshall

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +992
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2017, 08:21:21 PM »
Today I rearranged some furniture and moved the layout to it's new location. I need to figure out how I will light the layout. I was thinking of trying out some strip LEDs this time. Does anyone have any recommendations?

LED strips behind a small valance would look good - be sure and put some kind of diffuser (like frosted plastic) over the LEDs or you will have tens if not hundreds of distinct shadows!

Also, you might want to devise some way of keeping that angelic creature between the horse and the monkey off of the layout when it is not in use.

George
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

SSW7771

• Crew
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2017, 08:37:28 PM »
LED strips behind a small valance would look good - be sure and put some kind of diffuser (like frosted plastic) over the LEDs or you will have tens if not hundreds of distinct shadows!

Also, you might want to devise some way of keeping that angelic creature between the horse and the monkey off of the layout when it is not in use.

George

I was doing some research on the LED strip lights the other day and think I am going to use 2-3 strips, but still have to figure out how I am going to control them.

That angelic creature is Thor. He is actually very well behaved and to date has left my layout alone.
Marshall

Ken Ford

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2017, 09:22:15 AM »
I may have missed this - what are you using for track?

soo

• Crew
  • Respect: +107
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2017, 05:28:15 PM »
Marshall,
Great to see progress. Ballast looks nice. LED's are a nice idea...get the the power supply that is adjustable.
Looking forward to seeing more.
Y-it