Author Topic: ExactRail announces addition shipping options  (Read 7967 times)

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
Re: ExactRail announces addition shipping options
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2012, 10:30:18 PM »
That was my first experience with Exactrail and without seeing those gons in person, I would have never even given them a second thought and would own zero Exactrail product.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.   FWIW, mine was the polar opposite, and I have been impressed with ER's attempts to move ahead with things like the body-mount couplers and other improvements.  And their HO stuff is some of the best I've seen.

WRT things like P:87 parts, well there are just some things that LHSes will not carry.   It's not a one-size fits all world.

Ed

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2875
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2012, 05:11:02 AM »
This is really no different than PWRS selling their stuff only through PORTERS or whatever they call their shopping cart .. ER has their way of doing business - its their choice.   If you want their cars, you can buy them from them, or wait for the secondary market (E-Bay, swapmeets, etc) .

I personally have an ER account - and may actually buy some things on occasion .. my bigger complaint is the prices -everything @ ER is over $20 .. that's beyond the point where I will readily pull the trigger for for a box car - it has to be something I REALLY want.

As far as China and enforcement of IP laws - that's a bigger issue than just the choo-choo market .. they will do whatever they need to keep their economic engine going.   

Brakie

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2012, 07:51:51 AM »
Meh, talk to me when their shipping options include "to Kleins" or "to Chuck's".

Its a whole new world we live in..On line buying is becoming the main stream method thanks to the lower prices-even the big box department stores sell on line at discount.

I know of one grocery store you can shop on line and they will bring your purchases to your door.

You can order your carry out meal at Bob Evans and they will have it hot and ready when you pick it up.

As far as needing paint and other supplies think ahead and order it when you make your order.I been doing that for years..
Larry

Summerset Ry.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +576
    • My train pics
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2012, 03:12:30 PM »
My order was placed on the 25th, shipped on the 26th, and just arrived today (27th). Utah to Ontario in a day. Nice.

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1118
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2012, 03:14:10 PM »
Any customs fees?

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +576
    • My train pics
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
Oh yeah... almost always. Gotta pay for that 'free' health care.

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1118
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »
Too bad.  I've been on a run lately and have avoided fees for about six months.  Knock on wood...