Author Topic: LocoNet Checker  (Read 2519 times)

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
LocoNet Checker
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:08:05 PM »
I just found this program that can monitor and program just about all LocoNet devices. Pretty neat since I hate doing it all via the throttle and now with the new layout having a crap load of devices... You can even store the file incase a board loses its data for some reason.

LocoNet Checker
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/trachsler/

BDL16X setup
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Bangorboy

• Crew
  • Respect: +15
Re: LocoNet Checker
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 08:20:44 PM »
Hi, Ian

I use the Loconet Checker to program and store information for the DS64s also.  I find JMRI will let you do some things, but the DS64 support is weak.  It will run them effectively, but Loconet Checker will let you program board addresses, turnout numbers and routes.  It will also store the programmed values.

One gotcha:  I found it will not read values from DS64s with board addresses set above 127.  The board addresses can theoretically be set up to 256, but Loconet Checker can address only the lower half of this range.  I confirmed this with Stefan Trachsler.  He checked it out.

I'd like to make clear that the problem is not in the Loconet Checker software.  Stefan determined that the problem is internal to the DS64.  At my request, he contacted Digitrax and discussed the problem.  He talked to AJ directly, and AJ is now aware of and understands the problem.  I don't know if he will fix it, or deems it cost effective to try.  I just knew Digitrax had worked with Stefan before, and provides a link to Loconet Checker on the Digitrax site.  I knew he'd have a much stronger chance to have AJ recognize the problem than I.  I'm only an unknown customer to them.

Anyway, for the DS64 with a board address no higher than 127, it is great!  Try it, you'll like it!

Bill B
South Okaloosa N Scalers
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:22:44 PM by Bangorboy »
Bill B
Drole & Lake Connick RR
N Scaling in South Okaloosa